Today we lost Rebekah, the mama goat. As some of you have heard, both the goats were attacked by the neighbor's dogs on Sunday night while we were gone. Rebekah was on the trolley so she couldn't really get away or fight back as much as she could have if she had not been tied up. Ruth was able to run away so she didn't get hurt as bad. This morning when I went to give them their medicine, Rebekah was dead. We had suspected internal bleeding but didn't know for sure.
Dara is taking it really hard. She was the most attached to the goats, especially Rebekah as she was learning how to milk her and take care of her.
What makes all this even harder is our neighbor is shirking his responsibilities and avoiding dealing with the situation. Because of this, it makes us feel that he isn't in the least remorseful of what happened.
We would appreciate prayers for the family through this difficult time.
Restoration, Refresh, and Repair
-
"He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his
name's sake " ~ Psalm 23:3 restoreth =refresh, repair As I read this I
begin to ...






















1 comment:
I'm so sorry Darcy! not only for the loss of your precious pet goat and the milk for your family, but I'm sorry for your little girl Dara who has to endure such tragedy at such a young age.
It erks me that your neighbors are not taking responsibility for their dogs' action, nor are they keeping them penned up or on a leash. It's just an awful situation.
I am praying for you and your family!
Post a Comment