Chad and Darcy met in May 1997. They became engaged on Nov. 28, 1997 and married October 17, 1998. They lived in Ferrysburg, MI while Darcy finished college and then moved north when Darcy was offered a teaching job. Dara was born in July 2000 and Eva in April 2002. When they found out they were pregnant with Allyn, Darcy decided to stay home from teaching. Allyn was born in Nov. 2003, Sabra in March 2005, Cora in Sept. 2006, Martha & Jaina were born on Feb. 25, 2008, and the latest team member, Hava, was born on New Year's Eve 2009. Tissa joined the team with an express entrance on May 5, 2011.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." --Philippians 4:13
This verse has been one of "my" verses for over ten years. I have learned that no matter what life throws at me, I can survive when I lean on Christ and His strength. God will never give us more than we can handle when we rely on Him to get us through. No matter how hard life seems at times, we must remember that what is happening is happening for a reason and He will guide us through and if we lean on Him, not only will we survive, but we will grow closer to Him.
No Longer Weak
"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." --II Corinthians 12:9
It is only by God's strength that I am able to make it through all that I have to do in a day. Although I may think I am too weak to be successful, God's strength is made perfect in that weakness and allows me to accomplish all He has called me to do.
3 comments:
Tissa is such a cutie pie! you are so blessed!
Thank you for sharing, Darcy! Such a beautiful bunch of girls. :)
Sheila (from MOMYS)
beautiful, like the 8 before her =)
Post a Comment