Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sleepless Nights


I have not been getting much sleep lately. I thought I had the girls on almost the same schedule, but for the last four nights, it has been terrible. Martha has decided that she would like to nurse for only 5-7 minutes and then eat every 2-3 hours. Jaina will nurse for 10-15 minutes and eat every 4-5 hours. It seems like I am always getting up to feed one of them. Then, for some reason, they have been fussy during the night. Tonight Jaina is actually sleeping well, but Martha is being really fussy (hence why I am up writing this at 4:30 in the morning!). I pray they will get on the same schedule soon or I might lose my mind from lack of sleep! I try to take naps during the day, but to time their sleeping with the other girls' afternoon naps isn't easy either. I can sometimes get about a 1/2 hour nap, which helps, but doesn't completely renew me either. If anyone has any ideas about how to get them on the same schedule, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Mami Sue said...

oh Darcy, i am not looking
forward to that again but just remember "this too shall pass"
you are such a good momma you will
have those girls on the same schedule so soon and sleeping thru the night too!!
praying for you tho in the mean time.!!