I wanted to share something I read today from Chapter 3.
"Joy begins with thankfulness. Quite often our attitudes hang in the balance; by making a conscious choice, we can tip our souls into dark moods of complaining, or into thankfulness and praise. It is amazing how much your mouth controls your soul. You can smile with your mouth and say, "Thank you, God; thank you, husband; thank you, children," and your spirit is directed into gratitude with joy following. Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces."
This made me think back and realize that the most joyful times in my life are when I am thankful. It just goes to show that God knew what He was doing when He told us to count our blessings. To have "joy down in the depths of our hearts", we need to be thankful to our core.
Count your blessings today and share your thankfulness with those you are thankful for. Tell your husband you are thankful for something he does. Tell your children that you are thankful when they are obedient or do something nice. Tell your friend that you are thankful they lend a listening ear when you need it. Tell the waitress you are thankful for kind service. Where ever you are today, be thankful and express that thankfulness and see what joy it brings to your life.
- I am thankful that Christ died on the cross for my sins so that I can have eternal life with Him!
- I am thankful for a husband that loves God, loves me, loves our children and works hard to take care of us!
- I am thankful for seven, beautiful, healthy little girls!
- I am thankful for a roof over our heads, clothes on our bodies, and food in our bellies (and freezer and pantry!)!
- I am thankful for extended family and their love!
- I am thankful for my church family for support and friendship!
- I am thankful that I am able to read my Bible daily without fear of persecution!
- I am thankful that I have the ability and freedom to teach my children at home!
- I am thankful for friends who love us, pray for us, and support us when it seems the world is trying to drag us down!
- I am thankful for the kindness of strangers!
- I am thankful the Lord puts people in my life who cause me to learn to love better (and more)!
- I am thankful for the hard times in life which cause me to grow closer to God and my family!
- I am thankful I can be a help to others by sharing the abundance that God has given us!
- I am thankful for so many more things. Praise God, I could go on forever!






















1 comment:
Amen Sista! Great post.
Post a Comment