Restoration, Refresh, and Repair
-
"He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his
name's sake " ~ Psalm 23:3 restoreth =refresh, repair As I read this I
begin to ...
Friday, September 12, 2008
School!
We have gone back to home schooling this year. I home schooled Dara for Kindergarten, but sent her to public for first grade because I was due with Cora in September. We went Dara and Eva last year to public again because we had a good experience with Dara in first grade. Things didn't go as well last year. Although the girls had great teachers who were willing to work with us, we do not agree with the curriculum the school has adopted. We also don't like that the kids need to be in bed by 8 pm to get up at 6:30 in the morning. They would spend over 2 hours on the bus a day and by the time they get home, do their homework, and eat dinner, there isn't much time left before they have to go to bed. They also heard some disturbing things on the bus and playground. All this is in addition to feeling God calling us to home school. This is not a decision we made lightly.
The girls are loving school. They are eager every morning to get the table cleared off so they can get started at 9 am. We work until noon when we break for lunch (of course Sabra and Allyn are done first). Cora usually "works" by coloring in a color book although I don't require her to stay at the table. After lunch, we will finish up with history (reading/discussing/learning from Anne of Green Gables). We are going to start science and Bible next week. My plan is to do science with Daddy after dinner, but I don't know if that will work or not. We will just have to roll with the punches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



























No comments:
Post a Comment