Monday, April 14, 2008

Beginning the Cloth Diaper Adventure



Well, we started the cloth diaper adventure on Saturday. We decided to go cloth this time because, 1. I discovered fitted cloth diapers! 2. We could diaper for at least year for the cost of disposables for a 3 month period. 3. It is better for the environment and 4. It is healthier for the babies (no yucky chemicals!). We had to wait until they were big enough to fit into the fitted diapers we bought so we didn't start on them right away. We also had to wait until we had a five gallon pail to put the dirty diapers in. Chad was supposed to pick one up all week and he kept forgetting or not having time to stop so I finally got one of Friday night. We are going to start with only using the cloth while we are home and using disposable when we go out. This will give us a chance to get used to the cloth diapers and find a system that works for us. Also, we still have a big Sam's Club box of diapers we can use so why not give ourselves a chance to find a system that works! I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to share stories about our "Cloth Diaper Adventures"!

No comments: