Monday, April 14, 2008

Sewing project


I have been feeling the want to sew lately. I have done a few things here and there, but would like to start doing more. I am no where near being a seamstress, but practice makes perfect, right?!

Dara had been complaining about not having more skirts/dresses, so I thought I would start with a skirt. I found some patterns for turning old jeans into skirts on the web, so I thought what a great way to recycle jeans with holes in the knees or that are too short. I used one of the patterns for a start and then kind of used an idea from a friend who tried this and my own idea and this is what I came up with. Although it looks okay, I know what I need to do the next time I make one to make it even better. I was able to make it with all stuff I had on hand (an old pair of jeans with and entire knee ripped out, fabric scraps given to me by my Mom when she moved, and thread that I already had).

Dara likes it and now Eva wants a skirt too! I am going to do a different style for Eva. I have also considered maybe making myself one, but don't know yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darcy, you are one awesome woman! Cloth diapers, sewing skirts, 7 girls! You go girl! Dara looks so cute! And the twins are getting so big already. Glad to hear you are getting some rest too! Take care,
Sal Baas