I feel like such a bad mother right now.
Martha, Jaina, Cora, Sabra, Dara, and myself all had rashes on our bodies (mine was on my hands, Dara's is on her neck, the rest of their bottoms). We saw our herbalist who told us to put lavender oil on them. I asked what oil I should mix my lavender with and gave me a bunch of different oils. She mentioned that Wheat Germ oil would be good as it is helpful for skin cell regeneration. Since I had that, I used that. Well, my rash and Sabra's rash cleared up quickly. Martha, Jaina's and Cora started healing up, but not as quickly. Martha also developed a reddening of the skin.
When I changed her diaper this morning I noticed that a thin layer of her skin was coming off when I wiped! I prayed over her during my morning devotion time and began to wonder if she was allergic to the wheat germ oil since she has a wheat sensitivity. Well, I made an appointment this morning and mentioned my thought to my herbalist. She said it was rare, but she checked her and sure enough, she is allergic to wheat germ! I feel so bad for causing her more pain and discomfort. Jaina and Cora are also allergic to it, but a very mild allergy so it didn't cause the same reaction in them. I now am now to mix the lavender with olive oil.
Keep Martha in your prayers for quick healing and comfort for her pain. Keep all of us in your prayers as it was discovered we are all carrying the flu virus right now as well. It has gone around our neighborhood and now we have it. We are hoping to keep the symptoms away by treating it now (Dara and Sabra already showed some symptoms).
Restoration, Refresh, and Repair
-
"He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his
name's sake " ~ Psalm 23:3 restoreth =refresh, repair As I read this I
begin to ...






















1 comment:
oh darcy, i am praying for lil martha and for all of you as you fight the flu virus.
don't you just feel awful when you cause your kids pain unintenionally. we were at the beach yesterday and i did not put enough sun screen on mabel and maggie and they were so pink last night--i felt so awful i could hardly sleep--it happens to the best of us girl--but remember how quickly kids jump back from things like that--you are a good mom--keep up the great work~!
Post a Comment