Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Poor, Girl


Cora sprained her knee Sunday night. We were in Copemish because Chad was filling the pulpit for the Copemish Mission. It is a new start church that meets in the park. The kids were playing on the playground equipment while we had service. Cora was going down the slide with Eva, and started screaming. When I first ran over to see what was going on, I thought she had dislocated her knee. I took her back over to where the adults were and we took her pants off so we could get a better look. It didn't look dislocated, but it did look weird and swollen. Cora wouldn't stand on it at all.

On the way home we stopped by our herbalist's house and she checked her out. She informed us that it wasn't broken, but sprained. We had what we needed to give her at home so when we got home we sat her on the couch with ice on her knee, gave her the herbs she needed and popped in a VegiTales video so she would sit still. She still won't walk on it without support from me or furniture, but she is now crawling on it and moving around some. Keep her speedy recovery in your prayers.

2 comments:

Mami Sue said...

oh poor lil Cora--
I will pray for quick healing!
sue

Anonymous said...

Darcy - we'll keep Cora in our prayers! Was so cool seeing you, Dara and the twins yesterday! They are so adorable! Olivia says that she misses Dara :} Take care,
SAL