Sunday, August 10, 2008

Martha & Jaina update 5

I know I've said it before, but it is amazing how fast these little girls are growing. I love taking pictures of them together because they are so alike, yet so different. We have been very blessed by people giving us matching outfits for the girls to wear. A friend found these dresses at JcPenny for only $2 each! I wish I had time to go shop the clearance sales!



I am a member of a twins group on-line and some of us decided to do a onesie exchange. I had to shop for twin boys. I didn't think it was going to be hard, but it was! Since I know Chad isn't into sports and I didn't know if the boys' father was, I didn't want to buy something sporty (and it is hard to find boy stuff that isn't sport-related), I ended up buying a onesie with a monkey and another with a giraffe. The boys look adorable in them in their jungle-themed room! (I received a picture of them). Anyway, I received two sets of onesies. The girls look adorable in them!




They are starting to play with toys more often. I snapped a few pictures of them fighting over these toys. I guess I better get used to them wanting the same things!




Jaina is getting much better at sitting up now. I fed Martha first one morning and put her in the bouncy chair while I fed Jaina. When Jaina was done eating, I thought I would see what she would do if I sat her in front of Martha. They smiled and laughed at each other for quite a while. It was so cute!




Martha didn't grow as much this past month as I was expecting her to. She only gained 7 oz which puts her at 11 lbs. 14 oz and she is 24" long. At this weight she isn't even on the chart for her age. I find this odd because she eats more often than Jaina and she nurses for 5-10 minutes longer than Jaina does. The nurse isn't worried as she knows that my girls usually are in the low end of the charts. We just need to pray that she has a larger growth next month.


Martha had her first taste of food (rice cereal) on August 3rd. She didn't know what to think at first! She doesn't really care for it mixed with water, so I have tried mixing in a little juice which was better, but still not the best. I will try mixing it with some applesauce next.


Jaina is growing just fine! She is 14 lbs 10 oz and is 24 3/4" long. Even though she is much larger than Martha, she is still only in the 25th percentile on the charts, so she is still below average than other babies her own age.



Jaina definitely didn't like the rice cereal the first time I gave it to her on Aug. 3rd! You can tell by this face. The next spoonful she promptly spit out! I have also tried it with a little juice which was better, but she just doesn't really care for the food at all (which surprises me). We'll have to wait and see what her reaction is when I mix it with applesauce.

2 comments:

Mami Sue said...

They are getting so big and so
beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Darcy! They are so sweet. I always mixed my rice cereal w/ formula or breast milk. My kids loved it that way. Just a suggestion?? Thanks for the updates - glad all's well!