Friday, September 5, 2008

Silver Lake on Labor Day

Chad and I used to go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes a lot when we lived downstate. The last time we went was just after Dara was born in our '75 Bronco. Since our original plans for Labor Day changed, we decided to go to the Dunes. My parents came up with Dara and met us for a picnic on the beach. The girls played in the water and on the beach for a couple of hours. I got quite burned and when we noticed the girls were starting to get burned, we decided that was enough beach time!


Here are pictures of the van (can you see the snorkel Chad added?!).


I took this picture of the kids before my parents go there so Dara isn't in it, but she sits in the way back in a suicide seat. They all loved riding the dunes (except a couple times it was a little rough for Dara in the way back behind Cora's seat). Martha, Jaina, and Cora would squeal with delight. Martha and Jaina we even so comfortable they took naps!

Here is a picture of going through one of the waterholes. Earlier in the day, we went through one that was so deep that water came in!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun Darcy! I love Silver Lake!