Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Martha & Jaina!




Martha & Jaina are 1! We will be celebrating on Saturday with a party, but today is their actual birthday. It is hard to believe that a year has already gone by. Chad and I took them out for their birthday dates yesterday. For those of you who don't know, Chad always takes the girls on a Daddy/daughter date on their birthdays and I take them on a Mommy/daughter date on their 1/2 birthdays. We had decided with the twins, we would both take them out on their birthdays and 1/2 birthdays. Eva is spending the week at my parents and Dara was invited over to a friend's for the night so that only left three for our sitter. We took the babies to Care Net of Cadillac's Spaghetti Dinner and auction. We met up with an old friend of mine and Chad and her husband talked for two hours!

They just started feeding themselves yesterday. Partly because I was waiting for Martha to get her top teeth, but also partly because all the finger foods you normally start babies on have wheat which they can't have. I finally wised up and realized I could just tear up pancakes into small pieces. They loved them! Today they had cinnamon breakfast biscuits for breakfast and fry bread for lunch. I made them baby food for dinner and they ate some brown rice.

2 comments:

Nick said...

how precious! happy birthday little "one"s!!

Liz H said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Have a fantastic time celebrating!