My Grandma was a very special lady. She was a godly woman who shared her love of Jesus with almost everyone she met. She was so strong in her faith. She endured many hardships in life, but you wouldn't have known it to talk to her. She was a prayer warrior, not only for her family, but for others she knew as well. She was a very independent woman (after my Grandfather passed away) and took care of others. Although we didn't live close to her for my growing up years, her influence was still there. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to spend more time with her and I would have taken better advantage of the time I did have with her.
When I received the call that she had passed away, I was a mixture of emotions. Of course I was extremely sad that I would no longer be able to go visit her, send her pictures the girls had colored for her or celebrate the things the girls did with her, but I was also happy that her prayer was answered. Grandma had been saying for quite some time that she was ready to go home to be with Jesus. She knew where she was going and she was ready to leave this life for a better one. She knew that although we would miss her here, she would be able to be in the presence of Christ. I will never forget the time Chad and I were visiting with her without the girls and we were talking about the past and my Grandfather. It was after that reminiscing that I first heard her verbalize her wish to be in heaven. I can't imagine how hard it must have been to live for almost 24 years without my Grandfather. They were so in love and you could see it just by looking at them. Sometimes I wonder if she was a little jealous of the fact that Grandpa got to be with Jesus so much longer!
I know that she is glorying in being with Jesus in heaven. She is having the time of her life singing praises to Him all the time. And I know that she continues to look down on us, watch us, and hope the best for us.
Although it has been hard to explain to the girls where she is, I am so thankful they had the chance to spend time with her and get to know her. Dara and Eva seem to understand and say they will one day see her again in heaven. Allyn sometimes still asks where she is. Sabra and Cora may have questions later as they get older and see pictures of her. And I hope that Martha and Jaina realize how much she loved them.























1 comment:
So sorry to hear aboout your Grandma Darcy. They are special people. Sounds like she was one amazing woman. We're thinking of you, but rejoicing with you that she is with Jesus in her eternal home!
Post a Comment