Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Eva!

Eva's birthday was on Friday, but we had her party on Sunday with our family and friends. She wanted a Little House on the Prairie party. We always buy the girls new dresses for their birthdays, but Eva wanted a prairie dress so I bought a pattern and planned on making a dress for her. I kept putting it off because I didn't think I could do it. Finally on Wednesday I cut the pieces, and sewed about half of it. My friend Jennifer came over on Thursday and helped me finish it. I am thankful that she had me to do all the sewing and only helped with with explaining to me what to do and helping me pin it together. I made the apron on Friday. Jennifer's daughter, Ali, wanted to make Eva a bonnet, so I sent the extra material home with her and Jen and Ali made a matching bonnet. She happened to have been given a pair of black boots that looked very similar to the kind of shoes they used to wear so she had a complete outfit!


I had been given a prairie girl cake pan a couple of years ago so I made that and a log cabin cake. I had a little problem with the cakes coming out of the pans nicely, but they didn't turn out too bad! We decorated by putting out all the Little House on the Prairie books and movies we own. We also had Little House on the Prairie playing in the background during the party.


Eva had a great time and truly enjoyed her party. It was fun to reminisce about Little House on the Prairie with everyone as well.


Papa and Nana Carmichael gave Eva this beautiful dress and a book to read.


Uncle Jim, Aunt Amy, and Madalynn couldn't make it to the party, but they sent a card with $10. Eva hasn't told me how she plans to spend it yet.


Papa and Nana Smith gave Eva some new barrettes since she plans on growing her bangs out.


Eva didn't have any crocs that fit her, so Papa and Nana Smith got her some new crocs as well.


Papa and Nana Smith also gave Eva seasons 8 & 9 of Little House on the Prairie!


Tracy gave Eva her own lockable diary and pens as well as some candy (which she is always giving to the girls!).


Uncle Doug, Aunt Charity, Lil' Charity, Cole, & Claydon gave Eva a beautiful heart necklace.


The Inglerights also gave Eva and Sabra a large bunny rabbit to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great theme idea for a party Darcy! We love LHOP too!! Her dress is just darling - I love the bonnet!