Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dara!

Since Dara's birthday fell on a Thursday this year (and during VBS), we had her 8th birthday party on the Sunday afternoon following. We usually only have family over for birthdays (except for the big ones like 5, 10, 13, etc.), however, since my parents were the only family that were going to be coming, we invited over some of Dara's friends as well. I didn't get as many pictures as I should have because of being busy with babies, but here are a few. She opened the presents from her friends after I was busy so I didn't get pictures of those, but she got money, Polly Pocket dolls, a journal, pencils, paper, more pool stuff, and a Hannah Montana wig. Since she loves receiving mail, we ordered her a subscription to Focus on the Family's Clubhouse magazine which is for kids ages 8-10.




She received pool toys and new shoes from Papa and Nana Smith!


She wanted a Bronco birthday cake. I did a lousy job of making it look like a Bronco, but it still tasted good! My dad said it just looked like it was perched on a rock! I thought the cake crumbs in the frosting looked like mud splatters (which is usually on Chad's truck anyway!). We also made chocolate chip ice-cream per Dara's request. It was all very YUMMY!

1 comment:

Mami Sue said...

Happy Birthday Dara!!!