I wanted to post this yesterday, but couldn't get to the internet.
Tuesday I was reminded how even when God answers "no" to our prayers, it isn't because He's not being fair or being mean, but because He has our best interests at heart. His plans are better than our plans.
What reminded me of this is I was cleaning my desk and was once again reminded that a couple of years ago I had asked Chad to cut a piece of wood to fill in the open spot on our desk so you couldn't see the boxes we have stored under it. Well, he never got around to it even though I asked him numerous times. The funny thing is, the wood that I wanted him to use is the same wood that he used to build me the bookcase I posted a couple of weeks ago! If he would have done what I wanted him to do, then we wouldn't have had enough wood for the bookcase which is a need and the other was a want. I am so thankful that God said no to my prayer!
Lysa TerKeurst says in her book What Happens When Women Walk in Faith, "I must learn to be content with His provision today. . . . .God's dream must be experienced God's way. If you settle for anything else, you'll never be satisfied. "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18
We may not like it at the time when God says no, but He knows better than us. I was extremely hurt when my relationship with my ex-fiance ended even though I had prayed that it wouldn't. However, I would never had met Chad and we wouldn't have our beautiful daughters if God had answered my prayer with a yes. Even though it was a hard experience to go through, I am so thankful that I did go through it. My life is tremendously blessed because God's plan was accomplished. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My wasy, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are my ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
-






















No comments:
Post a Comment