Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Not Fair!

I think we have all learned that life isn't always fair. It is just something we need to live with. We may not like it, but too bad.

When encountering something that was not fair in her life, Lysa TerKeurst chose what she knew God wanted her to chose even though it went against her fleshly desires. I have been reading, What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst, she says,

I wanted to honor God even when my flesh screamed for me to do otherwise. And trust me, my feelings took a while to catch up, but eventually they did.

Though I'd made a different choice many times before, this time I chose wisely. It felt good. It felt freeing. It felt enabling. Somehow, this time, I'd battled the evil desires within me and won. Romans 12:1 says, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--This is your spiritual act of worship."

Even though we may feel like we are denying ourselves of something because we are the ones giving in or because we are losing out on something that is rightfully ours, we will have so much more if we would follow God's will. God will always bless us for being faithful. It may not be in the way we expect to be blessed or even how we want to be blessed, but He will bless us. It is so freeing to stop battling and give it all over to God. If it doesn't seem fair, it may be because we can't see the whole picture. It may be because God has something bigger for us and unless we give up the "fair" fight, we won't experience the greater blessing.

Be set free today. Offer yourself as a living sacrifice to God. You will be amazed at how free you feel!

No comments: