Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I serve an Awesome God!

I just have to say it, I serve an Awesome God! I am continually amazed at how He works (although I shouldn't be).

A few weeks ago, I felt led by God to bless another family in some way. I prayed about how to do it and talked with Chad about it. Then I discovered they were having some financial problems and felt called to help financially. We didn't have much to give, but God allowed me to earn a little extra money so we gave it to them. I haven't even thought about it for a couple of weeks because I just was trying to be obedient to what God called me to do.

Fast forward to yesterday. I took the girls to see our herbalist. I wanted to have the babies checked to make sure we were still taking the right dosages to completely get rid of the rashes as well as most of the family had runny noses so I wanted every checked for viruses. I almost canceled my appointment because I wasn't feeling very well and didn't want to drag all seven kids there, but knew I needed to BECAUSE we weren't feeling well.

Kelly was running a little behind and I had the opportunity to talk with another lady while we were waiting. We talked about the girls, homeschooling, etc. She told me about her grandkids and even played with the girls a little bit. It came time for our turn so we said goodbye. After my appointment, I went to pay for my co-op order and was told that the lady I had talked with before had left some money for me because she wanted me to be blessed. Can you believe it was the same amount that we had given to the family a few weeks prior! AND. . .it almost completely paid for my co-op order!

God is so good! I am thankful that I was able to see His hand in this. I am thankful that He provides in ways that I would never dream would happen. I am thankful that He uses people around me to lift my spirits and draw me closer to Him.

Praise God, I serve an Awesome God!