Saturday, November 22, 2008

Woodstove functional, but not done



Praise God, our woodstove is up and working! Chad was able to fire it up last Thursday night (it has the same birthday as Allyn and Gordon!). Although he didn't get it insulated until Saturday, we were using it and boy is it nice! I have been keeping the house a little warmer and I don't have to worry about running out of hot water! I can't wait to see how much we save on our electric bill this way!

Chad is still working on covering it so it looks a little nicer and has a few spots he noticed needs some more insulation, but I know he will finish that soon. He had to take a break to fix his truck that needed some work, but that is done now and back to the stove. I'll post pictures when it is completely finished.

I am so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful, intelligent husband. I am continually amazed at how his mind works (he thinks of things that I NEVER would!). He has been able to provide for our family in some very unconventional ways. We are so blessed by his ingenuity.

No comments: